Saturday, March 3, 2018

Irish Adornments


March has finally arrived! Get out your Saint Patrick's Day decor if you haven't already. Sure, there is all manner of green on green things for sale at party stores this time of year and those are a great place to start, but over the years I've added my own little touches to my March Irish decor. Below are some of my favorites:

The simplest decor involves picking some of those lovely spring flowers blooming outside. I like to use large Guinness bottles for vases or clear glass vases with a few drops of green food coloring added. I also use the boxes from a six pack of Guinness bottles or other Irish brew to hold napkins and silverware for a party.


Here I photocopied some pages from my atlas but one could easily print some Irish map off the web and add a little watercolor for any easy collage. 


If you are lucky, you might find some shamrock plants for sale this time of year. I always try to snatch them up if I find them. Pull out all your shades of green and assemble together for a nice arrangement. 


This time of year I also like to pull out all of my Irish books - many are green so they make a good additions to decor but I like friends and family to be able to thumb through them, too. 




Some green candles and artificial, or real, ivy are nice additions to any arrangement in your home. Add a little bit of that emerald green store bought decor and you'll have a really festive spread. 


No comments:

Post a Comment